This role is an integral part of the R&D team at GEMESYS working on applications of our brain-like chip. You are reporting directly to the CTO, and you will be working closely with our founders.
You will be the expert in low power and edge AI applications joining our R&D team. Every day you will be working closely with excellent researchers and engineers to develop new AI solutions for various industries such as healthcare, space, energy, and robotics.
You are responsible for the design, development, and implementation of advanced machine learning algorithms and models for low-power and edge devices. Working closely with the R&D team you will establish novel business cases related to the AI applications executable on our hardware.
- Research and develop new AI models and algorithms for low-power and edge devices considering the physical limitations of the in-house AI chip.
- Design and optimize AI models for low-power and memory-constrained environments.
- Work with hardware engineers to design custom AI solutions adjusted for the in-house AI chip.
- Collaborate with software and hardware engineers to implement and test AI models on low-power and edge devices.
- Evaluate and compare the performance of different AI models in low-power and edge environments.
- Work with data scientists and domain experts to develop AI solutions for various industries.
- Create technical reports and present research findings to the team and external stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to AI technology.
- Technical ownership for all AI-related topics in the company.
- Prepare and participate in reviews and presentations of reports related to AI applications and solutions with the in-house AI platform.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams closely with our business experts to establish novel AI business cases.
What you bring:
- Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and models for low-power and edge devices.
- Experience in designing and implementing custom AI solutions for embedded systems.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C/C++, and CUDA.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras.
- Knowledge of software development best practices such as Agile methodologies, version control (Git), code reviews, and test automation.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new approaches, solutions, and skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to problem solve, work as a team and drive solutions.
- Ability to report and present in English.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in an agile deep-tech start-up.
- Experience in AI research and development.