This role is an analog/mixed-signal IC design opportunity in a growing and innovative deep-tech start-up. You are reporting to the IC design lead engineer, and you will be working closely with the technical founders to design and create a new architecture for our innovative AI hardware: Our brain-inspired chip – the central building block of GEMESYS. Your responsibilities will include the schematic design and simulation of innovative AI ASICs. As one of our key hires, you will have the chance to get a leadership position at an early stage.
As an analog mixed-signal IC designer you will be an essential piece for the transition from the conceptual stage to the first analog hardware prototype. You will be responsible for transferring ideal/theoretical circuits mainly based on mathematical models to physical schematic designs to make more hardware-related simulations. You will iteratively communicate with the IC design lead engineer to adapt the conceptual circuit based on physical limitations. You are responsible for all the schematics, documentation, reporting, and simulations of the analog design as a base for the ASIC layout process.
- Transferring conceptual models based on mathematics to concrete analog blocks.
- Implementation of ultra-low-power analog blocks on a schematic level.
- Designing ASIC hardware schematic for ultra-low-power analog applications based on chip and block specifications.
- Translating block-level specifications to silicon-level specifications.
- Participating in physical-level layout and post-layout simulation activities.
- Technical ownership for the analog IC from schematic design to layout and testing.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Perform feasibility studies and analyze new analog design concepts.
- Maintain an overview of competitor solutions.
What you bring:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or a related field with 2+ years of hands-on experience in analog mixed-signal IC design or a Ph.D. degree with a proven track record in analog mixed-signal IC design.
- Solid understanding and expertise in crafting analog mixed-signal circuit blocks including ADCs, DACs, filters, bandgap, biasing circuits, regulators, amplifiers, comparators, and oscillators.
- In-depth knowledge of analog mixed-signal concepts like mismatch mitigation, linearity, stability, and low-power and low-noise techniques.
- Design experience in sophisticated CMOS technologies, design with RRAM technology.
- Knowledgeable in modeling and simulating analog circuits using CAD tools like SPICE, Verilog AMS / Verilog A, or Cadence / Synopsis.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new approaches, solutions, and skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to problem solve, work as a team and drive solutions.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to report and present in English.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in an agile deep-tech start-up.
- Experience with digital designs including mixed-signal components.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art AI models and their hardware implementations.