This role is a senior analog/mixed-signal IC design opportunity in a growing and innovative deep-tech start-up. You are reporting directly to the CTO, and you will be working closely with the technical founders to design and create a new architecture for our innovative AI hardware: Our brain-inspired chip – the central building block of GEMESYS. Your responsibilities will include training the ASICs team. As one of our key hires, you will have the chance to get a leadership position at an early stage.
As a Senior Analog Mixed Signal IC-Design Engineer, you will be working on our product from conception to user. Every day you will work closely with the team to define system & IC design specifications.
You are responsible for transferring ideal/theoretical circuits mainly based on mathematical models to concrete requirements, architecture, and block specifications as a base for the schematic design process.
- Take ownership of the analog IC design from conceptual work to validation and characterization.
- Work on feasibility studies and analyze new analog design concepts to understand user requirements.
- Translate chip specifications and chip architectures into design requirements.
- Define ASIC hardware architecture for ultra-low-power analog applications based on chip specifications with corresponding documentation.
- Translate system-level requirements to block-level specifications.
- Take ownership of system-level modeling and simulation design activities.
- Take ownership of front-end and back-end design flows.
- Take responsibility for leading the IC Design team.
- Create technical reports and present findings to the team.
- Organize and participate in design reviews with the CTO and wider teams.
- Develop verification, system validation, and test plans.
- Maintain an overview of competitor solutions.
- Train junior colleagues on the job
What you bring:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or physics with a minimum of 2+ tape-outs and 2+ years of working experience in a relevant field OR Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or physics with a minimum of 2+ tape-outs.
- Proficiency with standard IC design tools like SPICE, Verilog AMS/Verilog A, or Cadence/Synopsis.
- Experience with RC filter, Opamp, and RRAM technology required.
- Experience with AI accelerators and data-flow architectures.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new approaches, solutions, and skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to problem solve, work as a team and drive solutions.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to report and present in English.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in an agile deep-tech start-up.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art near- and in-memory computing fabrics.
- Experience with digital designs including mixed-signal components.
- Proven project and people management skills.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art AI models and their hardware implementations.