This is a supporting role for the R&D team at GEMESYS working on the software emulators of our brain-like chip. You are reporting directly to our HPC engineers.
You will be working with the experts for the software emulation of the GEMESYS AI architecture, which is the central tool for our R&D and hardware development team. This ranges from optimizing its run time to developing interfaces to give both teams easy-to-use navigation for the software emulation.
This is a working student job position with 14 – 19 hrs a week. Possibility to work full time (40hrs) within university vacations. You are gonna be responsible for topics such as:
- Support for optimizing (accelerating) software emulators through Parallelization of real-time capable algorithms on different platforms (CPU, GPU, Cloud).
- Support for development, implementation, and deployment of APIs that enable the software emulation to be accessible by standard AI & ML frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch).
- Support for development, implementation, and deployment of GUIs that enable the software emulation to be accessible via a graphical, no-code user interface.
- Continuous collaboration with in-house software and hardware engineers to implement and test software emulators.
- Create technical reports and present findings to the team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to high-performance computing (HPC).
- Prepare and participate in reviews and presentations of reports related to AI applications and solutions with the in-house AI platform.
What you bring:
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C/C++, and CUDA.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new approaches, solutions, and skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to report and present in English.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in an agile deep-tech start-up.
- Experience with parallel computing (GPU, Cloud and/or embedded systems).
- Experience with GUI design.
- Knowledge of software development best practices such as Agile methodologies, version control (Git), and code reviews.