This role is an integral part of the core developer team at GEMESYS focusing on API design and prototyping software for our brain-like chip.
Every day you will be working closely with excellent specialists to develop the foundational technology for new AI solutions in various industries such as healthcare, space, energy, and robotics.
You are responsible for the development, debugging, profiling, optimization, testing, and documentation of low-level and high-level frameworks. Working closely with the core developer team you will build the foundation for establishing novel business cases related to AI applications executable on our hardware.
- Collaborate with software and hardware engineers to implement and test low-level and high-level frameworks.
- Work closely with the R&D team to develop necessary framework features and prototype AI models using the internal frameworks.
- Write unit-tests and/or employ test-driven development.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations.
- Create documentation and visualization of the developed software architecture.
- Create technical reports and present research findings to the team and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and participate in reviews and presentations of reports related to the software architecture for the in-house AI platform.
- Work as a Dev-Op engineer (development, testing, integration, deployment)
- Stay up to date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to software engineering and software solutions.
What you bring:
- Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- High proficiency in the Python programming language.
- Three years of experience in working with an inter-disciplinary team and/or industry experience as a software developer.
- Basic understanding of machine learning methods.
- Knowledge of software development best practices such as agile methodologies, version control (Git), code reviews, and test automation.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new approaches, solutions, and skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to problem solve, work as a team and drive solutions.
- Ability to report and present in English.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in an agile deep-tech start-up.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras.
- Proficiency in the C++ programming language.